5 Ways To Lower Your AC Energy Costs This Summer. Our AirVantage team has put together a list of 5 ways to save money when running your Air Conditioning system for the balance of the summer.
- Turn your ac system down just one or two degrees at night. You’ll be amazed at how much you’ll save by just turning turning your thermostat 1 degree overnight.. Save energy and money while you sleep. This energy tip will work during the day as well as at night.
- Thermostats and timers – set and save. That’s right. Take full advantage of your AC System’s thermostat and use it’s smart features. Many of us fail to read about and leran the helpful features that today’s smart thermostats have that help save on energy. Using your thermostats calendar features to set a weekly and seasonal schedule will help reduce overall energy usage.
- Get shady and shut out the sun. This is such an easy one to accomplish but, many of us overlook the advantages of planting trees and/or shrubs that shade our back or side yard condenser. Not only will your condenser benefit, as trees grow, they can provide shade to your roof and windows. Be careful to not plant too close to your condenser to prevent fresh air circulation. Keeps grass and weeds cut.
- Turn off those heat-emitting culprits. Think about it. How many appliances and convenience items do we have running at any one time? The oven light, a computer/s, your printer, chargers, televisions throughout the house, lights left on in a closet or a corner. There are so many items that can be monitored and turned off when not being used. Learning to put things on timers or just keeping items turned off when not in use will help reduce overall energy consumption and reduce energy costs.
- Keeping it clean to keep costs down. Sounds simple enough, right? But as an AC service company, our technicians are constantly amazed at how many instances of dirty ac systems cause other problems. Our No. 1 energy savings suggestion is to keep your air conditioning system clean. Incorporate a regular process to help you remember to change your AC filters monthly. For instance… whenever you pay your electricity bill, add a reminder to your calendar to change the filter.
Several other general energy savings suggestions that will help you save money all year long are:
- Use power strips. Yes this is a smart one. The use of power strips work great to organize chargers, lights, and computers and then you just need to turn off one switch before going to bed.
- Change out light bulbs to LED’s. As light bulbs fail, changing to LED’s will be a big help in reducing energy costs.
- Shade Your Windows. The direct sunlight can heat your house by entering through your windows. It may increase the temperature in your room by up to 10 to 20 degrees Fahrenheit and cause your AC system to work harder to cool your space. Incorporating window treatments such as shutters, roll-up shades, and curtains can help reduce solar heat gain. Learn to close your blinds or curtains on the windows that face toward the direct sunlight is a very helpful habit to get into.
Running your air conditioner in the summer can significantly increase your electricity bill.
Hopefully, our 5 Ways To Lower Your AC Energy Costs This Summer are easily put to use. Our AirVantage team is available to help you lower energy costs starting with a complete AC system check. If you live in the League City area and are a 1st time customer, you’ll save $20 off your 1st service call.
Call us today… 409-925-6171
Go To Our FAQ Page
Did you know if you have problems paying a lelectricity bill… you have options? Check out this link